- Xilinx XC3S1600E FPGA
- Xilinx XCF04 Platform Flash for storing FPGA configurations
- ST Microelectronics M25P16 16Mbit Serial Flash
- Intel TE28F128 (or JS28F128) 128Mbit StartaFlash
- Linear Technologies Power Supplies
- Texas Instruments TPS75003 Triple-Supply Power Management IC
- SMSC LAN83C185 Ethernet PHY
- Micron 256Mbit DDR SDRAM
The Spartan 3E-1600 Development Board provides a powerful and highly advanced self-contained development platform for designs targeting the Spartan 3E FPGA from Xilinx. It features a 1600K gate Spartan 3E capable of implementing large complex digital systems including the 32-bit MicroBlaze RISC soft processor with DDR interfaces.
The board features JTAG programming via on-board USB2 port, external parallel or USB cables. The FPGA supports configuration via the on-board Xilinx platform flash, Intel StrataFlash, ST Microelectonics Serial Flash and numerous additional options.
It is fully compatible with all versions of the Xilinx ISE tools including the free WebPack. The board ships with a power supply and USB cable for programming so designs can be implemented immediately with no hidden costs. The Spartan 3E-1600 Development Board is also compatible with the Xilinx Embedded Development Kit (EDK) featuring the 32-bit MicroBlaze RISC processor. The PicoBlaze soft processor core is also supported via ISE.