- Standard UART interface
- Input voltage: 3V – 3.6V
- 10Hz maximum update rate (1Hz Default rate)
- 3m 2D accuracy without aid
- Super low power consumption (24mA tracking and 30mA during acquisition)
- Ultra-high sensitivity: -165dBm
- 515m/s maximum velocity and 18,000m
- Integrated ceramic GPS antenna
- Auto switchover to external antenna
- 12.5mm coin cell retainer for battery backup of GPS RTCC and almanac
The PmodGPS is an ideal solution for any embedded system in need of satellite positioning accuracy. It features the GlobalTop Gms-u1LP GPS antenna module which utilizes the MediaTek GPS MT3329.
The Pmod GPS utilizes a standard 6-pin connector and communicates via 2-wire UART. Also available on the board is a 2-pin connector for control of the NRST pin to the module and also the RTCM pin for DGPS data of RTCM protocol (this feature is disabled by default, contact GlobalTop to enable).
The PmodGPS uses UART protocol for data transmission and reception. By default, the interface uses a baud rate of 9600, 8 data bits, no parity, and a single stop bit. The module provides the option for changing the baud rate to predefined values which range from 4800 to 115,200.