- Small, complete, all-in-one JTAG programming solution for Xilinx FPGAs
- Small form-factor (less than one sq. in.) surface-mount module can be directly loaded on target boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx tools
- Fully supported by the Adept SDK, allowing custom JTAG applications to be created
- Able to drive JTAG bus at up to 30Mbit/sec
- Single 3.3V supply
- High-Speed USB2 port
- Separate Vref drives JTAG signal voltages; Vref can be any voltage between 1.8V and 5V.
- JTAG/TCK frequency settable by user
- Uses micro-AB USB2 connector
The JTAG-SMT1 is a compact, complete and fully self-contained surface-mount programming module for Xilinx FPGAs. It can be accessed directly from all Xilinx tools, including iMPACT, Chipscope, and EDK. The module can be loaded directly onto a target board and reflowed like any other component.
The JTAG-SMT1 uses a 3.3V main power supply and a separate Vref supply to drive the JTAG signals. All JTAG signals use high speed, 24mA, three-state buffers that allow signal voltages from 1.8V to 5V and bus speeds of up to 30MBit/sec. JTAG signals are actively driven only during a programming event and are otherwise held in high-impedance, so the JTAG bus can be shared with other devices.
The SMT1 module is CE certified and fully compliant with the RoHS and REACH directives. It uses a standard Type-A to Micro-USB cable, also available from Digilent.
Contact us for volume pricing.
Note for use with Adept: The JTAG-SMT1 requires Adept System 2.8.1 or newer for use in Windows, and Adept Runtime 2.8.2 or newer for use in Linux.